As a Zero to Hero participant, my 28th task is to start looking for patterns in my blog’s performance and build on my most popular content. Today, I am to find the post that received the most views, likes and comments and write a related post. The following post was in response to the weekly photo challenge: Juxtaposition A juxtaposition is “the act of placing things side by side, especially for the purpose of comparison or contrast”
I really don’t know how to elaborate much about a photo, other than that I knew immediately what picture I wanted to post in response to this challenge. The photo taken in 2006 at the Monster Truck Jam in Houston. My youngest son was 14 and we had a blast. It was really loud in Reliant Stadium. Next week I take his daughter, my granddaughter, back to the same location for Sesame Street Live! I can’t wait!
This post is inspired by the weekly photo challenge: Juxtaposition A juxtaposition is “the act of placing things side by side, especially for the purpose of comparison or contrast” Photo taken in 2006 at the Monster Truck Jam.
This post is inspired by today’s Daily Prompt:
You are the first astronaut to arrive on a new, uncharted planet.
Write the note that you leave to those who come after you.
I have recently been given the WordPress Family Award. Thank you Kamalpreet Singh for the honor.
I would also like to recognize Shaun from Scotland for creating the award.
As a recipient of this award, my obligation to my Wordpress Family is quite simple:
- Display the award image on your blog.
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Notify each of your nominees of their nomination.
- Share the inspiration and keep on blogging!
There is no possible way to choose only ten of the wonderful blogs I follow, but here is a good variety of the blogs I like and have connected with. And the Nominees are …..
- Blessings Through Raindrops – Her “about me” page says she is just a quiet person in a loud world. Not hardly. She is one of the few who still follows the Golden Rule – God, Family, Work. Her commitment to her family (both at home and on WordPress) is addicting. Her positive attitude and support is very refreshing in today’s society. Charming blog.
- 3-word Wisdom – This blog goes beyond the typical three words we long to hear “I love you”. I have often thought of taking her three words some days and emphasizing them on my blog. There are so many 3-word phrases that can be written about “That feels great” – “I hate medicine” – “Words mean nothing”, the opportunities are endless.
- Serendipity – There are no words to describe this blog. Read it, just once, and you will be a follower. The emotional content is extraordinary.
- 365 Days of Motivation – We all need a little motivation. This blog has good content. There has not been any activity in a month or so, but I hope they resurrect their writing soon.
- Faith is the Key – Fellow Houstonian, and is probably sad about the downfall of our Texans as well. This 22-year old is a brave soul living his life for Christ and spreading the word of God. We need more youngsters like him to change the world.
- Master of Disaster – A blog full of … you name it .. it has it all. Poetry, stories, thoughts, songs. His blog is an absolute pleasure to visit.
- Beautiful Life – A personal application of all walks of life. This blog will touch your heart and allow you to grow an appreciation for a different point of view. Nothing pretentious about this blog.
- Finding My Own Way – This blog belongs to a woman with confidence who shares her everyday news. Some days it is very simple. Some days it isn’t.
- Mama Bear Musings – I was drawn to this blog because my boys sometimes refer to me as “Momma Bear”. I am not really a fan of the aromatherapy tips but her other writing is a joy to read.
- Just Breathe for Now – A new blogger. With our help and encouragement maybe she will find a way to release herself.
I must also mention another blog that has sensational content but may not have the time to accept the WordPress Family Award:
- A Soul’s Walk -Consisting mainly of poetry that will have you questioning your day to day moments. While I enjoy reading the blog, I know not to enter into a debate, because I will lose every time.I hope you all enjoy the blogs I have nominated.
So tonight was my first experience with one of those painting classes where you and a bunch of friends get together with a bottle (or a few bottles) of wine and paint until you faint. Although my bottle of wine was a classy bottle of Welch’s Grape Juice bottled in 2013 (damn these antibiotics) I managed to have a great time and created some wonderful memories with my girlfriends! Shannon … girl I missed you … but I know you had a great time at the game even though the Faggies lost! Aggies …I mean Aggies. I’m so sorry. Given my obvious talent and my mad skills on display in my painting, I will most definitely keep my day job.